I just had my 30-day review with my supervisor--we have a 30-day and a 60-day--kind of like a midterm and final. They grade us on training, performance, teamwork, initiative, reliability, and communication.
The only category I did not meet expectations on was performance--I got a "needs improvement"--which my supervisor Sal explained to me was not a bad thing. I've only been cleared to solo in one of my jobs (A2) of the three I've been training in. The other two take more time to accomplish, therefore I "need improvement" in my next 30 days for that to change. I will be assessed in Play-Out and One-Play soon!
On the more positive side, Sal said that overall I am doing very well, have a great attitude, and get along well with the crew. :)
As there is not TOO terribly much going on in the sports world at the moment (other than baseball)--there isn't much traffic in terms of athletes and celebrities coming through the studios. However, we had a special guest interview pop in the ESPNews studio last week.
He definitely smiled and said "Hi, how are ya" to me...and as you can see in the photo above, he saw me taking pictures and gave me a smile! :)
As an A2, it's my job to put microphones on the guests that come in to the studio and make sure they have what they need. Cool, huh?
On the non-work side, we interns have been trying to have a life outside of ESPN...
We hang out in the apartment a lot after work (yes at 3:00 in the morning) and on the off chance we all actually have days off together. The picture below is of our apartment in the middle of Downtown Hartford. It's the one with the blue lights on top.

We've also made it out a time or two for some drinks. Here are some of the guys at City Steam--a bar which a lot of my co-workers have raved about. As you can see, there's no shortage of good beer at this place. AND they brew their own. ;) Yum. I want one now.
Hopefully we'll make it out again next weekend--my roommate Lauren turns 21 on Thursday! :)

You'll be glad to know I've made it back to the most FABULOUS city in the world twice already this summer. Lacey and I went into New York a few weeks ago, as I already wrote about.
Hobie and I hopped on a train Sunday morning to catch a matinee of Shrek the Musical on Broadway--SO GOOD! :) We had some time to kill before the show at 3, so we decided to get tickets to ANOTHER show at 7. Needless to say--I was in heaven. If you don't already know, I'm obsessed with Broadway.
We saw Rock of Ages, too--the all 80s rock musical. It was amaaaazing!!! I have the soundtrack in my car on repeat already.
I also exposed Hobie to Carnegie Deli and all of it's retardedly huge sandwich glory--he was in heaven there (as was I). I'm good on my reuben fix for a little while... ;) Jewish delis are the BEST.
Here are Hobie and I EXHAUSTED in Time Square before heading back to Hartford.
I love New York City...I'm moving back there. Definitely. For sure. It's decided.
Now to find a job there. haha...
Anyway, that's about all I can think of to fill you in on. I hope everyone has a fantatsic Fourth of July weekend. Please enjoy some BBQ, ice cream, sun, and fireworks for me--as I will be in a dark studio working tomorrow.
Hopefully the sun will be out on Sunday when I head to Boston to see Becca and the Red Sox!!! :)


No comments:
Post a Comment